Friday, September 28, 2007

Big News

Our daughter called us yesterday and announced that after nine years of marriage she is going to have a baby. We are ecstatic. We've been saying for years that we thought we would be good grandparents. And my mom is thrilled about being a great-grandmother. It's so exciting. Now I'll have my own grandbaby to scrap. Meanwhile I can practice on our best friends' grandchildren: a boy who is five and twin girls born last December. My hubby thinks that if I go to a yarn shop and/or a scrapbook store and he goes to Toys R Us and Best Buy that we'll max out our credit cards. So we have to be careful and space ourselves. Now I know how all our friends feel since we're about the last in our group to have a grandbaby.

I haven't posted anything for a while because our son flew down from Boston and spent a long weekend with us. A couple of his college buddies bummed a room and breakfast on their way through. It was great fun having young people around, although the friends were only here a short time. Our son stayed until Wednesday. It's fun hanging out with your adult children when they actually seem to like us and have a good time. We are very lucky.

Hubby had cataract surgery on his left eye a couple of weeks ago and will have the other done next week. I'm jealous. It appears he won't need glasses when both are healed. I've worn glasses since I was ten and have always despised them. Finally got contact lenses about 14 years ago. No problems, except that I'm so near sighted I don't need anything for up close. Expecially digiscrapping. It's much easier with glasses as I can take them off to see the small stuff.

I have more family heritage photos to scrap, so I'd better get something done there. I did a new page about my dad. He was a bomber pilot during WWII. He died in 1999. I always thought he would like the coastal area of South Carolina where we now live. He was an avid fisherman. We recently discovered that when he was very young he flew into the Air Force Base here in Myrtle Beach and taught other young pilots how to make bombing runs. Right after we moved here an unexploded bomb was found in the Inlet. So I made the page with a quote from the poem "High Flight" that is beloved by fliers everywhere.

No comments: