Saturday, September 15, 2007

Paper Scrapping

Today I went to a paper scrapping workshop. We made gift bags with tags. It was lots of fun, especially being with a group of women and talking girl stuff. And I will make bags in the future for gifts. But I have to admit it was a pain in the neck (actually the back) having to bend over and pick up all the little pieces I dropped on the floor. And although the bags are really cute and people will appreciate them, I really like the results of digiscrapping better. I guess I've progressed beyond cutesy.

Don't get me wrong. All the old family photos and documents I'm digiscrapping--some from the 1870s--are going into albums and archival boxes for safekeeping. But I really like what you can do with digital images. The variations are limitless and ten people can make dozens of different effects from the same image.

Does that make me an artist? Yikes. Never thought of it that way. At least my fan base extends to my family. Maybe my friend Pat in Michigan will help out here. She's really an artist--a watercolorist. You know, some of her art work would make wonderful backgrounds. Maybe I can bribe her into letting me have a copy of something. So Pat, when you see this, be kind.

No comments: