Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Golf is Flog Backwards


An interesting day on the golf links. Shot 42 on the front which is good for me. But on the back I fell apart and shot 52. Oh well, considering I haven't played much this summer that's still pretty good for me.

Today's digiscrap page shows part of my roots. My mother's grandparents were all from Canada. This page is her paternal grandparents. They settled in Northern Michigan near Munising. My mother is the youngest in her family and all she knew were stories told to her by her sisters: that her grandfather had run off somewhere and come back very ill. He stayed with her parents for awhile before he died, which was right around the time my mom was born. I haven't been able to discover his burial site. Someday I will. There is so much available to the genealogist on the Internet. Eventually I'll track him down.

Page credits: Very Victorian Page Kit created by Susan L. Gabriel of SueAngelDesigns. I don't know who did the background and torn top. I seem to have lost the credit. If I find it I'll add it. Fonts: 2 Peas Scrapbook from www.twopeasinabucket.com and Batik Regular.


I'm a new user of Photoshop Elements 5.0 for my digital art. Today I learned how to squeeze an object--like a ribbon so you can thread it through a hole--and how to make a curled corner. But I didn't make it from scratch. I downloaded a template that did it and followed the directions. I'm still not sure I can do it next time without going through the tutorial again. But it was fun and rewarding to learn something new. Apparently I didn't learn well on the golf course.

1 comment: